Real Estate Transactions in "Plain English"
The Wilmette, Glenview and Northbrook real estate lawyer of
Sylvester Law Firm will skillfully handle your real estate transaction. We have handled numerous real estate closings, and we would be delighted to assist you with your purchase or sale of real estate.
The purchase and sale of real estate will likely be the biggest "deal" you will ever be involved in. Therefore, it is critical that you hire a Chicago real estate lawyer. Your
Chicago real estate attorney will, among other things:
- Review the contract and ensure that all provisions and contingencies are in your best interest;
- Inform you of your legal rights and obligations;
- Obtain a title search, evaluate the status of the title and require appropriate legal remedies to clear any defects;
- Advise you on what the title policy does not protect against, emphasizing marketability of the title when you sell the property;
- Prepare or review the closing statement and other closing documents, and let you know about seller contingencies that affect your interests;
- Interpret and counsel you about all legal documents related to the title and transaction, including deeds, mortgages, and closing statements;
- Advise you on how you should take the title to the real estate, and how this affects your overall business and personal estate;
- Check for unrecorded municipal liens, including sewer and special assessment liens;
- Prepare a bill of sale to cover any personal property such as curtains and appliances that you and the seller agree shall remain in the home; and
- Inform you about the income, estate, and gift tax consequences to your estate.
It is very likely that buying and/or selling a house is the most significant financial transaction you will engage in. You should only work with a North Shore Real Estate Attorney who has significant experience in representing clients in real estate transactions. The
Wilmette, Glenview and Northbrook Real Estate Lawyer of
Sylvester Law Firm has such experience.